Frontier Designs...Driver Update Problem

rjt

Okay, I thought it was time to try the Beta6 version of WDM drivers for Frontier Designs Dakota. I downloaded the Beta and read all of the read me and application notes on how to do it. I uninstalled the old drivers, but when I rebooted it just found them again and want to use them... so following instructions, I deleted them and other files by hand in Windows Sys and Windows Inf. When I rebooted, windows found (gasp!!) hardward it did not recognize. I lead it to when the drivers were now extracted and it loaded them. When I check in the system portion of control panel, it says the Frontier Design audio device is installed and working properly. However, the system tray icon does not automatically come on when the system boots and when I click on it in control panel, I get an error (DakPanel Statrup error). In reading the application notes, it says there are TWO parts to the driver instillation and the wizard will take me though it twice... that DIDN'T happen, after the first time, it said everything was working... Ok, they $64,000 question, how do I get the system tray back?

ps I have tried "add hardward, select hadware to add, have disk" and have tried adding both Fronter Designs Device and Frontier Designs LLC, and I am not sure what to add from that oint on, although I have tried adding them all, to no avail.

Thanks in advance

Take Care

Back