Fostex PM-1 - Two Models ?

wastedthelight

OKay so i bought my Fostex PM-1's...which are now on backorder damnit...ha...but I went searching around and seen there is an Active and Powered models.

Now i bought the PM-1 Powered. I got the pm-1 because of good reviews on here plus they were on sale at Musicians Friend right now. So...everyone who has them...where you refering to the Active or Powered models?

I could be dumb, but... I believe active and powered are the same thing. Now, if you bought "passive" monitors, those would need a power amp.

After I wrote that sentence, I see where your confused. On MF, they have the PM-1 Powered Monitors, and the PM-1 MKII Active Monitors. They both have the built in power source, but the MKII's are newer versions of the PM-1's. Hope that helps.

cawhite12 said:
I could be dumb, but... I believe active and powered are the same thing. Now, if you bought "passive" monitors, those would need a power amp.

After I wrote that sentence, I see where your confused. On MF, they have the PM-1 Powered Monitors, and the PM-1 MKII Active Monitors. They both have the built in power source, but the MKII's are newer versions of the PM-1's. Hope that helps.

Crap, i forgot to put that there is a REALLY BIG price difference. the MKII's are $400 each, while the PM-1 are $250 for a pair (well $300 but MF has a sale right now)

Back