Focusrite Scarlett Solo - opinions?

Rocknmather

Hey guys.

I am thinking of buying Focusrite Scarlett Solo and have some questions about it...

I'll be recording guitar and bass (both with passive pickups) and maybe vocals. I am using MIDI keyboard (with MIDI to USB cable) too. This is my laptop: Toshiba Satellite C55-A-19N (черен) | laptop.bg with additional 4 gb RAM and Windows 7 x64. Is this Focusrite model suitable for me? I am looking mostly for decent audio quality (so far I've recorded guitars only via the internal audio card and I certainly hope that the sound will be better), acceptable latency and reliability (I don't want to search and reinstall drivers everyday or other technical issues)... This is why I am asking for your opinions. Moreover I'll be testing my friend's Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 soon - will the audio quality and compatibility with Windows 7 will be the same as the Solo?

Thanks in advance... and sorry for my English - I guess it's not very good :)

Hi there,

The 2i2 and Solo both use the same preamps, so there will be no difference in quality there. Our drivers are constantly being developed, so if you have any problems, feel free to drop us an email at supportteam@focusrite.com and we'll be glad to help. There are no issues with either the 2i2 or Solo on Windows 7.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Dan

As you can see, Dan from Focusrite has answered.

I've never used any of their stuff but there's no reason for you to believe you'll have any problems, and by all reports it's good quality for the $. They're very popular.

Trust me, you'll have a lot greater worries getting a good recorded sound than the preamps in your Focusrite (or other brand) interface - it's the least of your worries as a relative newbie.

Back