Focusrite 2i2 issues - no monitor output

glitchfactor

Hey all!

So I had this random weird Focusrite 2i2 issue that popped up where it was working perfectly fine and then one day I'm not able to hear anything out of the headphone out OR the main out.

Swapped USB, powered off, reset computer, new mics both phantom and not. It's such a weird issue. I've seen people in other forums have the same problem, but no conclusion....short of throwing it out the window. Anyone else have similar problems?

Justin

Make sure in the computer's and/or DAW's settings that the 2i2 is still selected as the audio output device. Reinstall the drivers.

I have a used 2i2 here that had intermittent headphone output issues.
Might be totally irrelevant but, on the other hand, it might be useful.

Once in a while headphone volume just went to full blast and the volume knob had no control.
I opened it up, with headphones on and music playing, and carefully looked around hoping to find a loose connection or something.
Sure enough there's a soldered-in ribbon cable going between two boards and the slightest pressure on it temporarily fixed the issue.

I re-soldered the connections at both ends and that fixed the problem up completely.

Like I say this might be irrelevant but if you're a tinkerer and exhaust all the software troubleshooting maybe it's somewhere to look.

Back