FL Studio 20 and Focusrite Scarlett Solo.... and latency

D'Lunacy

I've got a feeling I'm going to have a lot of FL Studio based questions, so bare with me over the coming weeks.

I initially purchased the Behringer U-Phoria interface to use with my FL Studio, but it's noisy as hell. So I turned around and got the Focusrite. It's noisy, but not unbearable like the Behringer.

Here are a couple of issues I'm having that I hope someone can give me some insight on.

1) While my FL Studio DOES recognize the Focusrite in the audio menus, I get no sound when I choose it. Thankfully, it works fine if I choose FL ASIO.

2) I've got the buffer set as low as it will go, which technically is only 6ms latency, but the delay seems like more. 6ms really isn't that much, but there's just enough of a delay that it can throw me off.
Where else within FL Studio 20 can I lower the latency

3) Could the hiss noise possibly be caused due to my issue in #1, or is this something that's to be expected when using interfaces? The noise from the Focusrite is minimal, and I can work with it. But the noise being put out by the Behringer was way too much.

Back