Firepod problems problems and more problems with little tiny annoyances of their own

rweiss

One day it works, one day it doesn't. HOW do I keep the firepod from conflicting with my other audio devices? ...I have it connected to a PCMCIA card in my laptop, I have my Windows sound devices set up to my laptop drivers, so my Firepod drivers are free. I have them enabled and setup in Sonar 4, but every once in a while it just doesn't want to detect them, or says their in use, or not compatible - and I'll sit here for an hour trying everything and can't get it to work. Anyone else have this problem?

you have probably already done this, but search the microsoft website knowledge base on pcmcia card peripherals not being recognized. also, duh, the latest updates and service packs for windows, the latest drivers and bios for your laptop (hope it is a major manufacturer).

does anyone have a similar system you could try it with? do you have plenty of ram? empty hard drive space?

why ram? most everything windows works better with lotsa ram.

Well, the Firepod works fine, it just pulls this every once in a while - it tells me the audio drivers are in use or can't be supported by the audio format, but I realized it was probably because (for some reason), Sonar changed the latency to a different setting than the Firepod's. I changed it back and it seems to be the solution - thanks for your input.

Back