Fast Track Ultra......Still good ???

jpb123

Hi ,

I've recently got myself a Presonus Audiobox 44VSL which so far is really great !!

However , I have been offered a Fast Track Ultra , ( the plastic one with 4 xlr's on the front ) by a friend . I've never tried these before.

Is it worth a go ?? Will I notice an improvement in Pre-Amps , converters etc or should I stick with what I got ???:guitar:

Has anyone any experience / nightmares to share ??

I would doubt that there is anything in it, they probably both use the same DICE converter!

If you are happy with the Presonus stick with it. If you feel the need for a better pre amp look at the Audient Mico. First class design and built in (excellent) S/PDIF converter so you would then have 6 tracks at your disposal!

Dave.

The specs look similar. I've got two Fast Track Ultras and a Fast Track Ultra 8R. I think they're great, but if you've got something that works, why not stick with it?

Thanks Guy's , I'll check out that Audient.

I think the problem is that they're both great.....................
I have always had a soft spot for m-audio though !!

"I have always had a soft spot for m-audio though !!"

So have* I! I have had 2 2496 cards running in 3 pcs in the last 5 years and barely a twitch. I have a Fast track pro that works on just about anything.

*They have cocked up a bit IMHO tho' in the last few months with this Avid nonsense. I am sure the kit and drivers are still fine but, see if you can download the correct drivers from wherevah' BEFORE you part with your cash!

The top sub £300 AI in my book is now the NI KA6 but Native Instrument's support could do with being VERY much less uptight!

Dave.

I looked at the KA6 before getting the presonus .I love the freebies with the KA6 but tracking with a software comp and gate etc on the audiobox 44vsl swung it for me.

I think the problem is that they're pretty much all the same now , same specs , sound and function.

Having said that I have tried both the presonus and the FTU this evening and I think the pre's on audiobox are a little better but converters on FTU a little more open........having said that there really is nothing in it !!!:facepalm:

Back