Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Editing Program*

Thanks

Editing Program*

Sign in to disable this ad
    Does pro tools LE have the abilty to turn off certain tracks or channels or wahtever in the stereo so that you can do things like remove vocals or drums? And if not are there any programs that do? Thanks alot I appreciate it!

Thanks
    it can. so can almost any program you can think of. next question...
    "if you need a helping hand the best place to look is at the end of you arm." - audrey hepburn

Thanks
    willovercome, I think he snuck one past you. His question said, "Does pro tools LE have the abilty to turn off certain tracks or channels or wahtever in the stereo (italics mine) so that you can do things like remove vocals or drums?"

I think applesmasher's talking about taking an existing stereo file, already mixed, and removing the vocals from it.

If that is the real question, the answer is basically no. Under certain conditions you can remove much of the vocals, depending how they have been mixedr and how dry they are, and how alone they are in their frequency space. But almost all instrumnets will have some frequencies where the vocal area, so if you cut those frequencies, you also negatively alter the sound of the remaining instruments.

Thanks
    oh yeah, i just assumed this question was as dumb as most of his others. wait...now that i think about it - it is. yeah this can't be done without some sort of sound quality compromise.
    "if you need a helping hand the best place to look is at the end of you arm." - audrey hepburn

Thanks
    ^Asshole!

But thanks from the other guy for a real answer. Its not a dumb question. Itd be dumb if I went out and bought all this stuff before I knew waht it could do

Thanks

Cool

^^^^
    I was thinking the same thing
    Peace out Bra!...
    A Nappy Headed Ho

Thanks
    what that hes an asshole or im an asshole? Screw it were all assholes and your an asshole too for getting in on the asshole calling. Now can we get back to the point of my thread please?! Ive heard people say that you can remove vocals or drums if theyre mixed seperatly. But i dont kno what thats called. Let me guess, that called being an asshole right?

Thanks
    If the drums and vocals are on their own tracks in a multitrack master, sure, all you have to do is mute the tracks.

But once they've been mixed to stereo, fuggedaboutit...

Thanks
    hmm but doesnt stereo mean that it sends certain signals to different sources, i.e: speakers, to get the surround effect. And arnt those signals still seperate on the mix somehow? Do most mixes keep the vocals tracks and guitars/drums seperate, Or they just throw it all togather?

Thanks
    Well. If you listen to music on a stereo it is coming out of two speakers. That means there are two seperate signals. Drums, vocals, guitars, bass etc add up to much more than 2 seperate signals so they have to merge it all together so you can play it on your stereo.

A true surround recorded DVD could have stuff seperated on different channels but they probably wouldn't put one instrument on each.

Thread Information