East West Quantum Leap Symphonic

bcains

Has anyone tried out the East West Quantum Leap Symphonic 'Virtual Orchestra'.

Theres:
Vol 1 – Strings
Vol 2 – Woodwinds
Vol 3 – Brass
Vol 4 – Percussion

Or you can purchase it as a whole i think its about 999GBP/2700US. I'm still looking for an aussie site that sells it.

I was considering purchasing it, and was wondering what you thought of it? And if its worth the price, It sounds quite empressive.

It's a fantastic set of sounds, but you better have the hardware that can drive it. If you only have one computer, you're probably better off etting the silver edition (much cheaper at around 300 USD). The Gold and Platinum versions are totally worth their price, but you're only really going to be able to get the most out of them with a multi-computer setup, devoting three or more computers to the effort.

Also, you can update from silver to gold and gold to platinum for just the difference in price.

I personally think that if you're a hardcore Giga user, Vienna Symphonic Library will suit you better.

If you're not totally hardcore and/or your setup isn't quite that high-powered, there's nothing wrong with getting those things on the low end (Quantum Leap Silver, Garritan Personal orchestra) Remember, it was only a few year ago that a 5-6 CD set like Advanced Orchestra was the top end...and quite honestly, intelligent use of a smaller orchestral library can net a sound easily matching the 20 gig monsters. If you're starting out, think about getting a combination of sound libraries. Garritan Personal, a couple of <50 USD Prosamples libraries, and Synful Orchestra (which is the opposite of modern orchestral libraries...procedurally generated, so very little RAM usage and lots of polyphony, and GREAT for adding to the sound of existing libraries) will kick ass for much much less than Quantum Leap Platinum.

Thanks alot for the reply, i'll be sure to cheak out those other ones mentioned also. I was thinking of just getting a "taster" of the different percussion/brass/strings ect, so i've got them there if, i need them in future or a client does. :)

Back