E MU1212 compatible with windows 7 , 8 or 10 ?

I checked that link several times when posted and it worked fine - now it's gone.

However, I have re-inserted a new link in my original reply. Hopefully that will hold up.

These driver versions are over 7 years old, so who knows..

Creatives info is not reliable enough for me to run out and buy a windows 7.Need someone whos actually
tried this setup.Thanks for your help and the links.

I had the EMU 0404 and used it with Win7-64 bit no problem. The drivers are the same. Never tried it with win10 as I stopped using the EMU eons ago.

Nonetheless, you should be good with Win7.

Or, move beyond the antiquated and get something newer.... just sayin' :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Creatives info is not reliable enough for me to run out and buy a windows 7.Need someone whos actually
tried this setup.Thanks for your help and the links.

You don't need to "run out and buy W7" ! Just find a friend who has a W7 disc or download a version, might cost you $5 or so. Now, neither solution is permanent but you would get 30 days (iirc) at least to try the soundcard before MS gets really stroppy. But I forsee a bit of a snag? Coming from XP I am betting you run an all 32 bit system? (XP 64 was a bit of a no hoper I understand?). If your PC cannot run a 64 bit OS it is due for retirement IMHO but I am NO PC guru!

For just one reason. Memory, a 32 bit system is limited to a bit over 3G and that is borderline these days, few people run less than 8G.

Dave.

Wow...That's great news! Time to start checking prices on Win 7!!!

There is a thread over at "geeks.com" that slates Ms for the destruction their W10 updates cause. It goes on to say that Ms should not cease security updates for W7 in 2020 because it is THE best, most stable OS they have made so far and millions of people have invested many more millions in soft and hardware that is getting buggered by W10. Ms even STOP you going back to W7 I understand after a few weeks on 10?

Now Vista WAS ***t but W10 is a GOOD operating system by all that I read from top men. If Ms would just stop playing god and releasing updates that eff with people's drivers and software activation permissions.

Dave.

That's cool. Now that I know my old intel board is 64bit capable I can throw some $ down for W7.
15 Years of XP it's time to abandon ship! Hey that's what I think I'll tell my Boss tomorrow!Except the
XP thing.

That's cool. Now that I know my old intel board is 64bit capable I can throw some $ down for W7.
15 Years of XP it's time to abandon ship! Hey that's what I think I'll tell my Boss tomorrow!Except the
XP thing.

You have a 15yr+ old Intel MOBO? If I read you right you intend to get a 64 bit CPU and memory and W7? If so I think you could have a shedload of issues. That MOBO might not support USB 3.0? That would not be the end of the world but a b'st'd nuisance!

Lot of homework to do?

Dave.

I'm running an E-Mu 1820M in windows 7 on a quad core PC with 4GB RAM and it's working very well.....

Hmmm? Driver support seems to stop after Vista (and THAT was brave of them!) but W7 has always been pretty tolerant of legacy gear IMExp. Windows ten on the other hand???

Dave.

Back