Do you guys have any experience on any of these interfaces?

Recommendation for a new interface

• Audient Id4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • presnous audiobox 96

• PreSonus Studio 24c USB-C

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Presonus audiobox itwo

• Presonus STUDIO 26C

• behringer umc404hd

• steinberg ur12

• steingberg ur242

• komplete audio 2

• steinberg ur22

• m audio air 192|4

• Total voters

arkada

Hi! I had a M Audio mobile pre that i buy in the 2009, i sold it, so im very outdated on the new interfaces, so i need some recomendations on these hardware that i found is on my budget. I use windows 8.1 with a good PC and im going to record guitar amps and voices, i have mics for recording a drum also, but is not neccesary.

audient id4
presnous audiobox 96
PreSonus Studio 24c USB-C
Presonus audiobox itwo
Presonus STUDIO 26C
PRESONUS STUDIO 68C
behringer umc404hd
steinberg ur12
steingberg ur242
steingberg ur rt2
steinberg ur22
behringer u phoria umc 202hd
m audio air 192|4
komplete audio 2

thanks bye!!

That is quite a spread of interfaces, both in features (1 - 4 mic pres, various in/out capabilities) and price ($100 - $350), and the features and prices are not correlated within those, save Presonus and Steinberg, which are fairly direct competitors.

It seems like you don't have your requirements clear, because you, ideally, would only be looking at interfaces that meet your current, and perhaps anticipated needs.

You also left out Focusrite, which is by all accounts, has one of the larger market shares in this (consumer USB audio interface) segment.

I've been using a Steinberg UR44c for a little while now and don't have any complaints. Used a Focusrite (firewire) one before that, which I liked, but is semi-obsoleted at this point. Still functioning as my "soundcard" on the computer I'm using at this moment, though. Had there been better availability of the models I was looking at, I might have gotten another F'rite, but, really, these things are commodities as far as the manufacturing goes, with (I speculate) the bulk of price difference due to QC, support and marketing budgets, and not actual components.

thanks for the answer, these interfaces in my country are very similar in range price, new and used, thats why i put so many of them. The average inputs are 2, and thats why i need. The audient ID4 have 1 channel ,but great quaility (said by friends). Now the Behringer have 4 imputs that always can be used for a drum or something like that.
The point you make about the support, marketing , etc is important for me, thats why i ask for opinions in here, thanks a lot :)

Sweetwater Sound recently compared 9 interfaces under $500. Several are in the list you provided. You can download the hi resolution audio files.

9 Best Audio Interfaces Under $500 Shootout - Take a Listen!

One thing that I found was that the piano and electric guitar tests were more useful since the actual performance was more closely controlled. The vocal and acoustic guitar tests were each of different performances, which can lead to changes in playing or singing. It makes it very hard to determine if the subtle change is due to the equipment or the performance.

The piano used the same microphone and a midi Diskclavier system on a Yamaha C7 to make sure the performance was duplicated exactly. Likewise, the electric guitar used a reamped guitar performance, so it is exactly the same performance, speaker, amp, microphone and position. These things are important.

I threw all the files into Reaper, then flipped back and forth between tracks. To my ears, there was very little sonic difference between interfaces.

As Keith pointed out, it might be helpful to look closely at the support and features for each interface.

Back