Disc at Once

Goofy

My CD burning software has an option of Disc-at-Once. To copy a commercial audio CD to keep in my car, does it matter if that is selected or not. Will it make an difference ?

Thanks.

The difference between "disc at once" and "track at once" when it comes to burning an audio CD, simply boils down to a 2 second pause between tracks. Burning "disk at once" will burn all of your audio tracks, with no 2 second pause between them.

Now, if you're just copying a disc, it may or may not matter because your software might do disc at once even if the option isn't checked. You can verify this by, you guessed it, checking for an extra 2 seconds of silence between tracks.

The 2 seconds usually isn't a big deal, except in cases where one track is supposed to flow into another...in that case it's rather annoying.

Slackmaster 2000

Definately default to disc at once. The 2 second gap can take away audio from recording and leave a fake, unnatural silence. Track at once sucks, sorry, but it does.

I'm confused, guys. I thought you had to burn disc at once to meet redbook standards. This, I thought, pretty much insured playability in any CD player.

I use Wavelab to burn audio CD's, and I'm almost certain it will only burn in disc at once mode. However, when laying it out with individual wave files, it will add the silence between tracks (adjustible, but defaulting to 2 seconds).

Am I confused about all this (certainly not the first time)?

Back