Direct Monitoring?

JustinAiken

OK, I'm using an m-audio audiophile USB I just got.

In Cubase SX 3, I open a new project and put just one audio track in. If I simply click the monitor button on it, the lag is terrible; almost a full second.

I went to the device settings and turned direct monitoring on; but now I can't hear my input at all.

This is driving me nuts, I've been trying to click all over Cubase for the last hour, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

not really familiar with cubase but are you going out through the audiophile as well, and is there any recording buffer settings ?

JustinAiken said:
OK, I'm using an m-audio audiophile USB I just got.

In Cubase SX 3, I open a new project and put just one audio track in. If I simply click the monitor button on it, the lag is terrible; almost a full second.

I went to the device settings and turned direct monitoring on; but now I can't hear my input at all.

This is driving me nuts, I've been trying to click all over Cubase for the last hour, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

M-Audio Audiophile USB

If that is what you have, then you are in luck! Get a small cable adapter that converts the RCA out to 1/8" female headphone plug. Then you are set! Plug your headphones into it and you are done. You will experience no lag :)

At least that should work... otherwise I guess you are out the $3.50 that the adapter cost you :D

jndietz said:
M-Audio Audiophile USB

If that is what you have, then you are in luck! Get a small cable adapter that converts the RCA out to 1/8" female headphone plug. Then you are set! Plug your headphones into it and you are done. You will experience no lag :)

At least that should work... otherwise I guess you are out the $3.50 that the adapter cost you :D

That's what I have, yes. I can hear sound when I play back, either through headphones connected like you said or through my spearkers, just not the input.

Back