difference between?

Well the Alesis unit comes with 8 Built in preamps which the Delta doesn"t pluss it has Instrument inputs and ADAT input so you could connect something like an ADA8000 and get 8 more Inputs, actually you can plug 2 ADA8000 into the Alesis and get 24 Tracks with preamps....

The Delta 1010 has a slightly Better SNR (Signal to Noise ratio) but the Alesis has so many more features.....

If I had the Choice I would get the Alesis but I"m sure it is also more expensive than the Delta 1010 so I guess you get what you pay for....

cheers

thanks a bunch
but the delta and this are the same price.

i have the delta 44 now but i need to know if its compatible with other programs other than cubase

If it has an ASIO Driver which it most certainly does then you can use it with any recording program that uses ASIO drivers which is pretty much every recording program......

You might not be able to use the Delta 44 (Which is what I also use) and the Alesis at the same time useing the Alesis and Delta ASIO drivers but if you download and install "ASIO4All" which is a Universal ASIO driver you should be able to use Both units at the same time with most every recording program....

If the Delta and the Alesis are the same Price then I would definately go for the Alesis as it has the 8 preamps and Instrument inputs which the delta doesn"t have and it has Midi/Spdif like the Delta and it has 2 ADAT inputs which is really important because if you need more Inputs in the future you can simply Drop $200 on a ADA8000 and get 8 more Preamped Inputs, at Full expandability you can record 26 Tracks at once (Two 8 channel ADAT inputs and the 8 that come with the Alesis and 2 more from SPDIF not counting midi channels)....

The alesis just leaves you with more ways to cheaply expand your setup in the future and offers you more features and should be compatible with most all programs.....

Cheers

Back