Delta 1010 vs. 1010lt - Which one?

tcobb

After reading many suggestions on sound cards I think I am going with the Delta 1010lt. I also noticed there is a Delta 1010 that is more expensive. What are the advantages of going with the 1010 vs. the 1010lt?

Sorry to be so blunt. But the 1010 has the breakout box where as the lt is just the card with breakout cables. The converters on the 1010 may be better. Just an overall better setup with the 1010. An interface in your face opposed to jerkin cables around.

1010's advantages:
has a breakout box
has 1/4" balanced inputs/outputs

1010lt has RCA unbalanced, no breakout box

1010lt's advantage:
has 2 nice preamps based on DMP2 technology
$150-$200 cheaper

i still havent confirmed with Delta which converters the 1010 lt uses.....the 1010 uses AKM AK5383 converters for A/D and AK4393 converters for D/A.......

if you are gonna keep your inputs all hooked up to a mixer/preamps, lack of a breakout box is not that big of a deal....if cable runs are kept short, unbalanced isnt that big of a deal.....converters on the pci card isnt that big of a deal considering some very quiet cards have converters on the pci card (Aaardvark DP2496 being one)......

I knew about the difference in the breakout box. I just didn't know if that mattered that much. I have read the specs, but most of the technical stuff I don't understand.

Back