Delta 1010 output question?

henry_mullis

Hey,
This might be considered a dumb question, but please note my newbie status. I am only using outs 1 & 2 on my Delta 1010. I have my mp3 player setup to play through channels 1 & 2. I just bought a headphone amp and would like to run it through outs 3 & 4, but I cannot get my mp3 player to play audio through outs 1 & 2 and 3 & 4 at the same time. So my question is... What purpose do the 8 outputs on my soundcard serve? Also, why can't i run outs 3 & 4 through the monitor mixer (using Windows 98)? This question might be too vague, but I would appreciate someone trying to help me.

Thanks,
Henry

The purpose of the outputs is to designate individual tracks to the outputs so that they can be hooked up to a mixer or another recording medium. So for example, if you recorded drums with each drum part on it's own track, then you can assign each individual track to one of the outputs. The outputs could then go into a mixer where you can mix each of the individual tracks together.

Music from mp3's are not separated into different tracks. Like CD's, they are stereo mixes that only play back on left and right channels. Since you can't split out an mp3 to separate tracks, you cannot designate the mp3 to more than two channels of output.

However, you can copy the mp3 audio to two other tracks in your recording software and designate their output to 3 and 4. You would have to copy the audio each time you wanted it to come out of additional outputs.

Cy

Back