"decent" home studio based around a computer, please read

ambi

Ok, ive been thinking for a while of what is completely necissary for my small home recording area. Most of the work, processing, sampling, recording and everything will be based around the computer, with logic audio 5, waves gold plugins, and sound forge.
Ok, so heres what i have so far, this stuff i think is pretty good, not super cheap crap i'll want to replace really soon, but not super good stuff that couldn't be replaced.

-Soundcraft Spirit m 12
-high end pc with dual monitors
-delta 1010
-event 20/20 BAS
-few mics (haven't decided yet, probably an sm57 and a few decent condensors, plus i have a sm58 already)
-2 technics 1200 turn tables-
-vestax 05 pro with focus fader
(those are top of the line hip hop dj style turn tables)
-cheap roland midi keyboard
-logic audio platinum 5.0
-waves gold plugins
-sound forge

even with just those things it comes out to about 11,000 canadian. Anything i should add or change? By the way, the style is sorta like hip hop, with rap style vocals, but sometimes they're more like humming singing than rapping, i don't like the term rap, just just say i can't really sing well so i make up for it with other styles. But the music isn't standard hip hop, more like a cross between trip hop, jazz and a bunch of other stuff. I just make what sounds enchanting and good. So most of the time i'll just be recording from one source at a time. But i want the inputs/outputs of the delta and the soundcraft for mixing down, and incase i need to use it for recording many inputs at once, such as for drums eventually, or a friends band or something. Mind you those are the necesities i've found i will need to get started, and there would be a lot of other things that would be useful. Could anyone else add to or change my list? Things that i cannot live without

For now, don't get the Wave Gold Plug-ins. Use free download plug-ins until you learn how to use everything.

Roland keyboard?- do you play keys or do you just want a midi controller? It would be cheaper to get a rack unit with good sounds than purchase a board.

2 video monitors are a conveinence and not a necessity. If you want them, go for it but it's another area to cut costs.

Can't offer any advice on the Vestax or the Technics. Not my area.

This may be a stupid question but if your getting Logic audio which can use plug-ins and run samples, then why are you getting Sound Forge also?

umm, sound forge for editing waves? I don't play keys but i plan to learn, and yea i want a midi controller. Rackmount unit with better sounds for cheaper waaa? Im talking about a 250 dollar canadian rolland midi controller, just the keys, that control softwear. What do these rackmounts do? Yea the monitors are just somethign i think would be cool, im not really trying to cut costs here, just trying to make sure im not forgetting anything, or making any bad choices. Ive been using logic and waves gold for a while now on this computer, im just getting a new better computer, and all that other stuff. and soundforge... i just use it for editing, and right nwo i track into soundforge, it seems to be easier that way i haven't fully gotten a handle on tracking into logic.

I was under the impression that Logic, like SONAR, had the ability to edit .wav files.

If you're only spending $250 CAN, then the rack unit won't provide you more. I need to review my US to CAN conversion. :)

I was under the impression that you were buying everything on your list. Maybe if I read a little closer I would have picked that up. :eek:

The only thing I see missing are drums/rythym section. Not sure how deep you are into this, but you could check out sample CD's that you can patch into your work.

check here:

https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?threadid=57429&highlight=drum+AND+samples

with drums i don't like using the cheesier sounds that come with equipment. I sample or create all my drum sounds. Sometimes from micing a drum kit, others from songs, etc... But yea, most of that kinds stuff will be computer based. Anything else you could think of? I will have my older computer, (1.2 gig tbird, 512 megs of ram, not to shabby) kicking around, i could network the new one with this, but i don't knwo exaclty what i could do with them networked...

Back