Which DAW Trial version to play with?

J

jokerone

I'm going on an overseas trip this week. The flight is 15+ hours each way. :eek:

So I want to load something good on my laptop. My license agreement with Cubase means I can do it, but if the laptop gets stolen along with the dongle, then I have to buy a new full version of Cubase. :mad:

So, I decided to download some free stuff to play with, and spend my time composing or just fiddling around.

Any suggestions?

Ableton Live and Reaper have full trial demos.

thanks in advance.

Reaper isn't a demo, it's the full version. It just has a nag screen after 30 days until you enter a licence key which you get when you pay. So I'd be getting that one for a start... if you lose your laptop, no biggie... (apart from the fact that you lost your laptop, of course... :D)

Reaper isn't a demo, it's the full version. It just has a nag screen after 30 days until you enter a licence key which you get when you pay. So I'd be getting that one for a start... if you lose your laptop, no biggie... (apart from the fact that you lost your laptop, of course... :D)

That was sort of what I was leaning towards. thanks!

I vote for Ableton. REAPER is my main DAW and while I love it, I think Ableton would be more fun to play with on a 15 hr flight. Working with loops seems easier... it just seems like the kind of DAW that'd make putting together a tune without the need to actually track anything easier.

Back