A DAW system...Delta 1010 vs. Terratec EWS88MT...not to mention software!?

Godsguitarist

Hello everyone!! I am now sick of analog (all ready!! had a 424 MkIII for about 6 months now...awesome for song writing, but, MAN!! 4 tracks for good demos?? It just ain't a gonna work) and, since I have connections to the Comp industry and can AT LEAST get a 550 socket 7 for rather cheap, I am REALLY wanting to get a DAW setup because the 788 seems too far out there. I have narrowed the sound cards down to Delta 1010 and Terratec EWS88MT (only because it's cheaper....I like the Delta A LOT better, but am looking for comments on this one because of money issues). It will probably be a while before I'm actually able to do this, but I want to get some comments and get as much of a headstart on this as possible. I am looking for ANY comments on these two. I would really like to get 8 at a time because I really want to be flexible with the drums and how I'm able to mix them. Also, what's the best bang for my buck on software? I'm looking to spend under $200. Thanks to all in advance!!

Brandon

Oh yeah...

...and if anyone needs comp parts, I can get them for cheap. Email me for prices. Honestly. I can also build you a comp for a good price. We're working on getting direct prices and wholesale prices.

Brandon

Both cards come with a scaled down version of Logic Audio. That would seem to be the best software bank for the buck. Or maybe you want something better?

Jim

DUH!!!! lol....thanks Jim. I had not EVEN thought about software that came with the cards....I feel a little goofy about now. I would say it would work. I have one question, are there track limitations as far as numbers? Or does it depend on your system? Thanks Jim!!! If anyone has any comments between the two cards, please post it. Thanks!!

Brandon

Some scaled down versions of SW have track limitations but it's usually dependent on your system specs.

Best bang for your buck when it comes to SW is n-Track from fasoft.com. The full version only costs $50.

A description of "Logic Delta" that comes with the 1010 can be found here. It says it's 16 tracks, 24/96, ASIO, and uses VST and DirectX plugins.

According to this and this and the Terratec site, the Terratec card comes with Logic 4 and Samplitude. I thought I saw one site that said it came with microLogic, but I can't remember which now. So you might want to check into it, the other sites may really mean microLogic as well. microLogic is 16 tracks. Perhaps "Logic Delta" and microLogic are the same thing.

Besides n-Track, you might also try Pro Tools Free, but that is only 8 tracks.

Jim

P.S. I ordered a Delta 1010 from Mars yesterday.

:D

Sounds awesome guys. Thanks Ola!! I have been checking into N-Track. I will continue to do so since I've got quite a bit of time on my hands before I'll actually be able to buy anything. :) Thanks for the links Jim and congrats on your new purchase!!! I'm am heading to the links you included now. Thanks again to all and to all in advance!! If anyone has any more comments, feel free to post 'em. Later!

Brandon

the delta 1010 comes not only with logic delta, but with

gigasampler le
unity piano
unity ds-1 lite
sonic foundry acid express
sonic foundry siren express
mix master or meister??
mvp by qdesign

and its still the best sounding 8-in 8 out card I've heard

Back