DAW/Digital recording

Bartender67

I am glad i joined this forum as I want to get back in to making music and have a few ideas on where to start but things have changed so much since i was doing it that i thought i would ask the people who know.

I am a rock guy and also a techno guy. Bit of both worlds...so i am considering getting back into a pro tools rig but i just had a look at their new pricing and was like really? That just sounds a bit weird to me.

But for multitracking i like protools as its interface is decent (when i used it last) and also the DSP for effects were pretty decent. The one draw back about pro tools is sometimes it gets really technical and that really pisses me off. Any suggestions that are plug and play would be awesome.

My question is if i want to produce dance music and rock music what rig is best and also not gonna break the bank? I probably wont be using live drums and will need a sequencer as well. I plan on buying guitars and mics also and have a good idea of what i want there.

In addition will need a computer as well. I am a PC guy and i hate macs they are very clunky to me so will be sticking with a PC what specs would i need?

Any info would be great. Thanks people :)

Yep, Ableton Live has become something of a standard for dance music. I'm sure it would be fine for rock as well. Its real strong point is loop based production.

Back