Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: A/D Converter High Res No high pass

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by bouldersoundguy View Post
    I vote for banning this idiot and deleting this thread. It doesn't matter if he's a troll or a moron, the damage this thread does to the integrity of the forum is the same.

so now you are so closed minded you have failed to understand and resort to getting thread locked? How inmature. It is so hard getting through to dumb dumbs.

i have been yammering with peoplenlikebthis for years. Its always the same pig headed rwmarks and I have been doing this for 30 years or I have this huge degree and talk talk talk talk, bur never ever listen.

Do you understand what itnis I am telling you people here. I am not just rambling BS, but stating facts. There is a serious regression going on music industry and I am sick of listenimg to all these crap songs from the radio.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 888 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Murphy View Post
    It is so hard getting through to dumb dumbs.
    Yeah...that's what the other 20 people posting in this thread think.

I'm curious about one thing...why are you transferring 384kHz and 192kHz digital audio...to a dinky cassette tape deck...and THEN comparing the tracks...???

Thanks
    I mixed the audio straight onto the dinky cassete tape deck live and moved it into digital for long term storage and ease of copy and paste.

the 192khz tard song was never on tape and recored live via digital on Ardour and mixed digitally.

Life in peril 48khz audio was mix and recorded digitally all on a cell phone.

Oh brick wall why .flac 96khz audio was mixed and recorded on tape transfrered digital via audavity 96khz sample rate and further rwcording and mixing was done digitally via web cam mic.

jam on 96khz .flac recorded to tape mixed into 96kz audacity

sure they try to piss me off and come off recorded to tape and mixed to audacity 384khz.

test project main out was recorded to audacity 384khz using mic input 1/8th stereo and mackie 1642 mixing console.

for those of you out there who ha en't used tape. I highly reccomend it. It is a solid way to record tracks and tape compresses your instruments in a way that sounds better and makes ot easier to encode to digital.
    Last edited by Ryan Murphy; 09-15-2020 at 19:35.

Thanks
    I mixed the audio straight onto the dinky cassete tape deck live and moved it into digital for long term storage and ease of copy and paste
    OK...then what is the 384kHz and 192kHz part...?

Are you saying you recorded the audio to the cassette....and then transferred to digital at 384 and 192...and THAT is what you are comparing....?
    Or....are you saying you recorded direct to digital at both 384 and 192...and then transferred that to the cassette at 384 and 192...and THAT is what you are comparing?

It's unclear how things are connected and what is the source recorded to...and how are these transfers happening to or from the cassette.

Thanks
    no I recorded the same bass guitar and intruments to a 4 track cassete and some I encoded to digital at 96khz and some at 384khz using the same everything.

And you are confused. I am only comparing the 4 travk tape stuff to each other.

the 192khz flac tard song i keep lamenting on. it sounds different depending on if you play it through 48khz, 96khz, or 192khz.... you dont get everything at 48khz. also if you try and compressn it to 48khz it distorts a lot of the music....

i have been saying this for 8 pages now. This what i mean when I say don't listen or dont understand.

i hope non of you guys are behind that song they have been playing on Cincinnat's Pure rock station
    ... Where the guy is singing about "I'm a little bit off today" That is horrible and so not rock, liars!

Thanks
    no I recorded the same bass guitar and intruments to a 4 track cassete and some I encoded to digital at 96khz and some at 384khz using the same everything.

And you are confused. I am only comparing the 4 travk tape stuff to each other.

the 192khz flac tard song i keep lamenting on. it sounds different depending on if you play it through 48khz, 96khz, or 192khz.... you dont get everything at 48khz. also if you try and compressn it to 48khz it distorts a lot of the music....

i have been saying this for 8 pages now. This what i mean when I say don't listen or dont understand.

i hope non of you guys are behind that song they have been playing on Cincinnat's Pure rock station
    ... Where the guy is singing about "I'm a little bit off today" That is horrible and so not rock, liars!
    No...I'm not confused...you have a hard time explaining what you are doing so that it's clear to everyone.

I still don't know how you keep talking about the cassette and 384/96 kHz...as though they are all involved together...because you kept saying "the 384 and 96 coming off the tape"...???

You seem to be convinced that you are the only person here who is right...who knows what he is talking about...when in fact, it's totally the opposite.
    Take your perspective over to a real pro audio site...where the big boys who you can't deny, know their shit...and I bet you will get maybe 2-3 courtesy posts where someone tries to set you straight...and after that, if you persist, they will just toss you off the site, because they simply don't want to waste time with people who are misguided and who refuse to believe what everyone else agrees on.

Around here...you're getting a lot more leeway with your misguided understanding of how digital works, and that twice the sampling rate doesn't make things twice as good...or that you can even hear a significant difference between 96k and 384...or that going to 768 will let you hear even more things.
    It's not that kind of math.

Here, read this...maybe it will help you to not be so confused.

https://sonicscoop.com/2016/02/19/th...-when-it-isnt/

Pay attention when you get to this:

"It turns out that in many cases, we can hear the sound of higher sample rates not because they are more transparent, but because they are less so. They can actually introduce unintended distortion in the audible spectrum, and this is something that can be heard in listening tests."

Also...it could be true that converter A might sound better at 192 kHz...while converter B sounds better at 96kHz...but that isn't because of the higher sampling rate...it's more to do with the converter design.

Anyway...the article has some quotes from Dan Lavry, who is considered one of the top digital converter designers...and even he explains why you don't need to go even as high as 96kHz...and certainly not higher.
    I'm sure you will disagree with him too...
    Last edited by miroslav; 09-15-2020 at 21:20.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miroslav View Post
    I don't disagree....but I'm leaning with Jimmy...this could be fun...maybe let it run until it turns into a dumpster fire.
    I think that happened ten pages ago.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bouldersoundguy View Post
    I think that happened ten pages ago.
    I guess where moving on to the next dumpster.

Thanks
    I guess where moving on to the next dumpster.
    I think it's hit a whole new level.

tire-fire-png

Thanks
    the article has some quotes from Dan Lavry, who is considered one of the top digital converter designers..
    Heh, my brother used to work for Lavry. He was the only employee not related by blood.

So now I'm subscribed to this train wreck. Where's that Unsubsribe button again?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chili For This Useful Post:

Thread Information