Cubase VST vs. Cakewalk 2002

dirk_demon

Hi!

Okay, so I saved up some money to get some decent computer-based homerecording software. I got two offers from my local music-equipment-supplier: Cubase VST (the full monty, not Cubasis) and Cakewalk 2002. Which one should I choose?

Here's some background information:
I play guitar, keyboard and even attempted to sing. I got the hardware, and a little experience in home recording with a TASCAM 424. At this moment I just want to record for my own (practicing purposes) but later on I want to have the possibility to do some more serious recording.

Can someone point out the differences between these two, and if someone has an opinion about either one of these please let me know.

I forgot:

I live in the Netherlands so if you recommend any software other than Cakewalk or Cubase there is a chance that it won't be available here...

Thanks already so much!
Best regards,

Dirk Demon

Cubase, which is german engineered is a fine program. I use Logic Audio which is also german, a damn good program, dont know if you can get that there in netherlands, but its worth looking into.
Cakewalk, if it has improved over the years, I dont know, is probobly below the quality of cubase. I would go for Cubase over cakewalk.
Are you just going to use your system soundcard? SB?

Back