Cubase + (Emagic A62m or M-Audio Quattro USB or M-Audio Firewire Audiophile). OR Mbox

bambazoon

Hello all..

I'm looking for an inexpensive audio interface that i can use with my laptop and my home pc for some basic recording... It doesn't have to be top quality or anything, but it would be nice if my recordings don't sound too shoddy. I used to have a MOTU 24i (a mistake... I only ever used 3 tracks at the same time!) which I used with Cubase and Cool Edit Pro on a couple of amateurish recordings while I was in the UK.

Having since sold all my gear and moved back to Malaysia, I'm looking to start again, albeit on a smaller scale.

Apart from playing guitar (through a Pod Pro which I would quite like to be able to record digitally) and creating songs at home, my band and I have a practice room, and I'd quite like to be able to record some stuff there, so portability is quite important.

Apart from that, it would be really nice to be able to record the drumkit properly so 4 or 6 tracks would be great, but not really a major neccessity due to price. Preamps aren't really a must have either since we already have some equipment (mixers etc... also have a spirit folio sx that has direct outs)

Having said all that, how does the Emagic A62m compare against the M-Audio Quattro? And what other stuff is there out there that I'm missing? I've looked at Edirol stuff, but I don't find it very convincing. I've also heard that the M-Audio drivers still aren't very mature..

And also... Where does the MBox stand with respect to all that? If it is the only thing that is stable and protable, I guess I'll go for it despite the fact that it doesn't really fit my need.

Thanks!
yinsern

I have'nt used the EMI 6\2 m or the newer A62 but Im a diehard Logic user and all that I've used til now has proven to be top notch and reliable. On the other hand m-audio's gear is quite good as well...this I have tried.

If you want more performance and options perhaps the RME Multiface. how much $$$ you lookin to spend

Back