cubase dongle help

mattimus

ok... i KNOW im gonna get flack for this... i am awar what im doing is illegal and all that shit.. thats unimportant.. im an 18 year old colleg student that records as a hoby
i have a cracked copy of cubase... but it wont run without the dongle... i know of others that have the program cracked and use it so there must be a way to do it... i also KNOW that not everyone on this board payed for there software... i dontr care if you wana admit it or not... but some help would be strongly apreciated

If it doesn't run without a dongle, it isn't cracked now is it?

Cracking software used to be easy, I don't know if it still is, but what you want to do is disassemble the file Cubase.exe and look for the code that checks for the dongle. Then you need to find any other code that references the code that checks for the dongle to figure out what it is it looking for from the first pieces of code you found to figure out what it is expecting to see if the dongle is attached. Then you need to write new code that will give the other peices of code the disinformation. Then you need to reassemble the exe.

It's that easy!!!

But it is also time consuming and it probably would be quicker for you to just download audacity.

BTW, you'll see why in a minute, but you may want to change your user name tomorow.

I am not judging.. because i have inthe past and still use some cracked software ... but there is nothing sadder then a cracker who cant even get a crack to work.. or in this case .. even know what a crack is.

Judging from the spelling and grammar I guess that must be a state college, regardless, if you're having that much trouble, you could buy Cubase SE for $99 right now. Matter of fact, you can get that 12 months same as cash too. That's $8.25 a month.

Just a thought.

mattimus said:
ok... i KNOW im gonna get flack for this... i am awar what im doing is illegal and all that shit.. thats unimportant.. im an 18 year old colleg student that records as a hoby
i have a cracked copy of cubase... but it wont run without the dongle... i know of others that have the program cracked and use it so there must be a way to do it... i also KNOW that not everyone on this board payed for there software... i dontr care if you wana admit it or not... but some help would be strongly apreciated
Here's some help, BUY THE FUCKING SOFTWARE.......... otherwise use something you can afford.... there are plenty of good budget options.

Or you can contact Steinberg tech support - they'll be glad to "help" you........ :rolleyes:

mattimus said:
i have a cracked copy of cubase... but it wont run without the dongle...
That is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard. The cracked version doesn't need the dongle. That's the point. How the fuck did you download the dongle? Who is helping you use the computer?

mattimus said:
So, everyone else is a thieving bastard like you? You must be the dumbest person on the planet, how much did you pay for that cracked version of Cubase? It's really hard to believe the stupidity of some people's kids.

christ

christ! i meant i have a cracked serial number that works... and yes i am going to change my screen name because i know you miserable old farts are going to boycott helping me in the future based on your current opinion of me.

and a good one... i will reappear in a day or two as ________ dun dun dun!

I'm sure we will be able to spot your spelling errors and random stupidity no matter what sceen name you choose.

If you are, indeed, a student, you can get a fully functional, academically-priced, version of Cubase SE for $75 from Academic Superstore or Studica/Torcomp. Ask for it for Christmas (or whatever festive winter holiday pirates celebrate).

Sillyhat said:
I'm sure we will be able to spot your spelling errors and random stupidity no matter what sceen name you choose.
Jayrock, is the Sacred Order of Silly Hats in any way related to the Ministry of Silly Walks? :D

PS - Can we all make it a point to stop writing words the way we talk? No wonder American kids can't spell. Kids think a damn aria is something sung at an Oprah.

tamky said:
Jayrock, is the Sacred Order of Silly Hats in any way related to the Ministry of Silly Walks? :D

PS - Can we all make it a point to stop writing words the way we talk? No wonder American kids can't spell. Kids think a damn aria is something sung at an Oprah.
thems fytn words ya no. :D

tamky said:
^_^

Anyways, the "poor college guy" doesn't work. I bought myself a copy of n-Track for $50, and that's after being dropped from a few loans I had, including my work-study which was my only source of income last year because my major demands too much time for an off-campus job. If you're just recording as a hobby, you don't need anything more than n-Track offers.

Sixways, lay off the state schools, not all of us can afford a private school.

Ok the cracked versions of SX3 does need a dongle.... I dont know where people are getting that it doesn't. Do you know how SX 3 works with the whole dongle thing? thats the whole reason why there is a dongle... so people cant crack it easily... but you need a cracked dongle, which is hard to come by... If you got Cubase and it doesnt work, sadly there is nothing you can do. Try downloading another one I guess and hopefully that one does. They have made SX3 very hard to crack I guess. Why not though?! People should be paying. Not stealing.

I still say go pay for it. Or else like someone else said. Purchase something cheaper. I know how it goes to not have money myself... I still never have money. However I just choose to not use stolen software morally I guess. Pluys like someone else mentioned these "cracked" versions always seem to fuck up. Obviously they are not guaranteed.

This is a bad place to post about this subject anyway. A lot of people will get offended because we pay for software and other people jsut go and simply steal it. lol.

Go to a torrent site and make a message there. Thats the only advice I have. And like others have said. Pay for something you can afford. I started out with a freeware program that had like 40 multiple tracks with just record, pan, and volume for each. Haha...

Oh and another thing your college can hook you up with a real cheap student discount on most popular software! I personally like Cubase LE because I don't need all of Cubases SX3's features it seems. Also you can look into purchasing a piece of equiptment that comes with bundled software. Alot of hardware comes with cubase LE or Ableton (some lesser version)...

I wouldn't want to help a naughty cracker, but I do remember how lean my college years were money-wise, so I will say that you should probably run a search on Google for "Cubase Dongle Crack" or something to that effect. I met a high school kid (at my church no less) a few weeks ago who was using a cracked Nuendo with some kind of dongle emulator.
That being said there are plenty of low cost and free options available that work wonderfully.

PC
N-Track (http://www.fasoft.com) Less than $100, full featured, DX and VST support

Kristal Audio Engine (http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/) FREE. Multi-track audio recording,excellent sound quality, supports VST plug-ins; No Midi yet, no native loop support

Cubase SE - Slightly limited version of Cubase for $99. I would be using this myself but I don't really like cubase.

This is nowhere near a complete list. Check out multitrack rcording software on google and browse. Most of the programs that charge you offer some kind of demo.

There are also free solutions for Linux and Mac. The quality of the audio engines on every single one of these free options is superb, normally the only thing lacking in most of them are midi, soft synth, and native loop support. There really is no excuse to use cracked software when you can get great stuff for FREE, programs created by people who love the art of recording audio more than they love money. What harm is there in checking them out. You might find that one of them really suits your needs, and if not, what have you lost?

mattimus said:
christ! i meant i have a cracked serial number that works... and yes i am going to change my screen name because i know you miserable old farts are going to boycott helping me in the future based on your current opinion of me.

and a good one... i will reappear in a day or two as ________ dun dun dun!

They just keep on getting smarter and smarter.....

this is kind of re-hashing some points made earlier but i feel i have a different perspective. i'm a 19 year old college kid and I had to save my money to buy my software and gear, and so should you. You may not get it RIGHT now, but you can record on something free for the time being. There's plenty of limited versions of great software out there. There's even an 8 track version of pro tools,(pro tools free) i've never used it but its on digi's website. When i first started i was rewiring Ableton live lite (came with midi controller) then rendering each track to wav and loading it in sony acid music studio (not pro) like a sample. Inconvienent, yes. cheap, yes. But it got the job done and now i appreciate full versions of software a lot more.

TimOBrien said:
Crying "I'm poor" don't cut it (how much did your computer, guitar, instruments and/or mics cost?). Get a job. Or get some free legal software:

Plenty of software around to record for free to start out on:

Audacity: http://audacity.sourceforge.net

Kristal: http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/

Other freebies and shareware: www.hitsquad.com

I would like to add a link to the KVR Audio serach page as you'll find the best free VSTs available there!

KVR Audio Search Page

As an interesting side note, the very first band I was in back before and during my first year or so of high school, Viper, (wasn't everyone in a high school rock band named "Viper"?) ...well anyways, all of the original members of the band have recently been in contact with one another for the first time in YEARS and YEARS. We started contacting each other through postings about a high school reunion, and even though some of us weren't able to make the reunion, we have been emailing and talking on the phone to one another over the last few months.

Hold on! I'll get to how this all ties together and relates to this thread in a second, I promise.

So anyways, I was trying to get a "reunion" jam session together around the high school reunion, but since some members of the band weren't able to attend, the jam never took place. However, I was determined to have some fun with the old music and try to record it "for real" as we had never "professionally" recorded it, all we have are old cassette tape recordings of band practices. All the members of the band kept busy with music in one form or another, some with more "success" than others, so I hatched an evil, very nefarious plan...

Here's where it all ties together: I got the guys to agree to re-record the original tunes we used to play back then just for the fun of it! To do so, to maintain file-type consistency and compatibility, we will be using:
1. KRISTAL AUDIO ENGINE - as our multitrack audio recorder
2. AUDACITY - as our audio editor
3. FREE VSTs - such as the fish fillets from digitalfishphones, and many others

So, that is how my "Viper" story ties into this thread. We'll be using all this good FREEWARE to record our original tunes!!

Here's a link to our Viper website which I put together just for the high school reunion, so folks could look back and laugh at how cool we were! (Note: I had to change the name of the band a bit, as there's actually a band at SoundClick that took the super-cheesy name "Viper")

VIPER!

Enjoy!

-mr moon

P.S. – Please feel free to leave a message up on our message board for us. The funnier and more sarcastic, the better!!

Back