Creating/Customizing GP5 RSE For Drums

DaneJM

Firstly, sorry if this should have gone under Drums and Percussion but I thought it was more appropriate here.

I know this is a long-shot, especially because if this had been done already the information may be relatively easy to find online but I have not found anything about this specific thing.

So, my favourite way to do drums for my music is using GP5 because I find it to be very user-friendly but most of all extremely flexible and capable with time-signatures and odd bars/beats. Some may disagree or have other ways that they find better/easier of course. The only thing is the RSE sounds good but could be a lot better. I was looking at the location of the GP5 program on my computer, specifically the RSE files, as I wanted to see if there would be a way to create my own. However, my knowledge with programming etc is extremely limited, I do not know what the hell I am doing. It would be amazing to be able to make my own RSE for GP5 with way better/real sounding drums.

Computer location-wise, it all goes:
Program Files (x86) >
Guitar Pro 5 >
rse >
banks >
.fsb files
.ini files
dll >
.dll files
dll_nosse >
.dll files
presets >
Drum Tones >
.fx files

Has anyone ever thought about doing this, attempted and failed, attempted and succeeded or think they may know how to do it?

Last edited:
Like you, I don't know the first thing about this program.

But I've poked around in these programs enough to know that if they wanted you doing such a thing, it would be reasonably easy to do. But they don't.
Unless you have the build-map on these sounds or samples (if they're samples) you stand no chance. You have no way of knowing the format - which byte goes with which byte - or how to change them. Do they just play samples? or do they use resources? and how much? Who knows? It'll be pure cryptography, and even if you get someone to crack the code, you'll still need the development tools to format your own.

In fact, you will likely have a BETTER chance of programming a sequencer with the features you want and using sounds you can find anywhere. There are several open-source sequencers and instead of having to learn all that programming, crack the code, develop your sounds, translate your sounds, then load your sounds, you could just learn some programming and load your sounds.

Generally, if someone has cracked the code, they're keen to tell the world about it. If you can't find anything, good chance it doesn't exist. And if you're not ALREADY into this kind of programming, you gotta long slog up a steep hill ahead.

Didn't mean to be Johnny Raincloud, but that's kinda how I see it.

OTOH, some coding on a Raspberry Pi and everything might be golden in no time at all. Dunno.

Didn't mean to be Johnny Raincloud
You were not being Johnny Raincloud at all. Your reply was realistic and informative. I have never heard of open-source sequencers, they sound interesting and potentially promising so I will look into them. Thank you very much for your recommendation.

Last edited:
Back