copy/paste multiple tracks

scratchtrack

is there any multitrack software that i can use to cut and paste multiple tracks at the same time? i want to copy/paste 8 tracks in one shot. is this possible ? a friend says cool edit wont do it but how about one of the other programs

scratchtrack said:
is there any multitrack software that i can use to cut and paste multiple tracks at the same time? i want to copy/paste 8 tracks in one shot. is this possible ? a friend says cool edit wont do it but how about one of the other programs

as far as i've ever known cut&paste was a single operation, copy and transfer, yes...

if that's what your asking?

there's many multi track recorders, 99 tracks enough? 128?

do a google, (multi track recorder) software, or steinburg, acid, calkwalk. etc etc...

sorry, i don't quite understand your question...

im not sure how to explain this...
instead of copy and paste track 1 then track 2 and so on i want to highlight 8 tracks at once and copy and paste them.
say i want to copy chorus 1 over chorus 2. id like to highlight chorus 1 on all 8 drum tracks and paste them over chorus 2 without doing them 1 at a time

Well I have Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro, and it will do as you describe.

I imagine most modern multitracking software packages will do that, it's fairly basic functionality

scratchtrack said:
im not sure how to explain this...
instead of copy and paste track 1 then track 2 and so on i want to highlight 8 tracks at once and copy and paste them.
say i want to copy chorus 1 over chorus 2. id like to highlight chorus 1 on all 8 drum tracks and paste them over chorus 2 without doing them 1 at a time

humm, you may do better posting in mixing/mastering or recording Techniques...

i'm still learning the bus in and out config at the moment myself ;)

best luck...

Back