converter specs for all to read

sorry for being stupid, but...

Are converter specs basically how good the card sounds, or just how good recorded sounds come through accurate...?
I really want the best sounding card I can get. I'd cop the delta 1010 but then I'd be spendin hella cash on the 8 I/O if all I need is a few, right?
What's the best sounding cards, can we get a list, or atleast some VS others...
like the lynx one sounds better than the delta 66.
This is obviously off of oppion, and nothing can be taken as factual, but it would help me and others decide I'm sure.
Or if none of you care enough, please just answer my original questions...thanks!

...Lynx one

Lynx one looks good, Does it really sound better than the delta 1010? Does anyone here have one, and if so is it good at keeping out noise from your computer, my computer is pretty loud!

Hey Ed!

Tell me about it! I'm thinkin about it, can you answewr my questions?
Is the sound quality really really good, do you recommend it, does it pick up alot of noise from the computer being internal and all...? what's the haps!!

also...

Can anyone tell me where the Aardvard 24/96 stands in sound quality to other cards? here's some specs...
• THD+N: .002% @ 1 kHz
• Dynamic Range: D/A 110dB, A/D 100dB
• Frequency Response: 7Hz-44KHz, +/- .5 dB at 96 kHz
• Sample Rates: 96 kHz, 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 32 kHz
• Mic Preamp: Discrete, 8 transistor/channel design
• *Freq. response at -3db: 1.6 Hz- 200kHz
• *EIN at 20Hz-20kHz, 150 Ohm: -130 dBu
• *THD at 20db gain: 0.0005%

Those are all the things that usually go unsaid...

to all dedicated sound and spec guys

I was very blessed this weekend. I had a chance to test someone's external converters against the delta 1010 converters.

For a converter that converted two grammy nominated songs, the sound was only marginally better than my onboard converters.

One thing that was noticed though, was that one could get a better sound out of the delta 1010 by just syncing to the external converter's clock. I recorded my synth into inputs 3 and 4 with the internal clock and with the external clock, and the sound with the external clock was subtly cleaner, tighter, and more spacious.

If your ac is on, you wont hear it.

anyhow, guess what!! I have the recorded samples so you guys will get to be the judge on monday if you can actually hear a difference between clocks. MY friend also heard it.

Now I want a clock. I just wonder at what price range one has to be in to get a noticeably better sound.

Back