Computer/Mixer Question

MauriceJ

I'm looking to connect 1 pair of speakers (Event 20/20) to a Yamaha MG10/2 mixing console so I can use these speakers as monitors for 2 different computers (not simultaneously). 1 computer has 1/4" outs via the audio interface & on the other computer I can only output through the 1/ 8" headphone port which is why I figure I can do this with the mixer.

Can anyone suggest how I can go about accomplishing this (what connectors/cables would I need, etc)??.........Thanx~!

I'm looking to connect 1 pair of speakers (Event 20/20) to a Yamaha MG10/2 mixing console so I can use these speakers as monitors for 2 different computers (not simultaneously). 1 computer has 1/4" outs via the audio interface & on the other computer I can only output through the 1/ 8" headphone port which is why I figure I can do this with the mixer.

Can anyone suggest how I can go about accomplishing this (what connectors/cables would I need, etc)??.........Thanx~!

Connect the interface outs to a line input pair on the mixer and the mixer outs (XLR?) go to the monitors. The 1/8"( ugh!) goes via a 1/8" stereo jack to RCA cable to the RCA inputs on the mixer.

Or, you could have a different routing regime by using a passive monitor controller. I have the Mackie BK and it is fine.

But, when you connect more than one mains powered, earthed device together for signal exchange you always run the risk of a hum loop. Not dangerous to you or the kit but always rig "cold" and advance volume controls slowly from zero. Can help more if it happens.

Dave.

What Dave said ^^

You can go from the interface to channel 7/8 on the yamaha using TRS jack to jack leads, and from the other computer, to channel 9/10 using either 1/8 stereo to RCAs or to jacks.

Back