Computer fan noise? Silent computers?

You have just made me realize Skywave, you see SHEDLOADS of laptops of all manner and description on desks in newsrooms on TV. They would not be there unless acceptably quiet?

Dave.

I was able to eliminate all noise from my pc by replacing the power supply with one that has a zero fan speed mode, a GPU with no fan, and a fanless CPU cooler as well.

I was able to eliminate all noise from my pc by replacing the power supply with one that has a zero fan speed mode, a GPU with no fan, and a fanless CPU cooler as well.

Yes, not saying it cannot be done but at what cost, time and trouble? Also, sans fans, are you sure you can run the tits off that processor without it shutting down or smoking? See, OP wants that assurance about a laptop.

Dave.

On the desktop I used before the current one, I installed a variable speed fan with a large coller on top of the CPU, and had a silent (but not fanless) power supply. On my current PC, it has a quiet power supply, but a fairly standard fan over the CPU. You can hear it, but it is not excessively loud, and while I've been tempted to get something quieter, it has not intruded into recordings. So I've just let it be.

Back