Compatibility issues..

Tifstorey

Guinea Pig
Hi Ppl,

Well i just bought myself a Delta 1010 for my G5. And guess what? It isnt working... I thought this was due to conflict issues with other software, so i posted some questions on the Apple forums. Someone got back to me from Germany saying that the Delta 1010 isn't compatible with the G5 model i have. I have the Dual 1.8Ghz made after June 2004, this being the only model that isnt compatible. Can anyone back this statement up?

The guy kindly left the statement from the M Audio site which states this, however, i cant read German, so was wondering if anyone can kindly translate it for me? :)

Wichtiger Hinweis: Das Modell Apple G5 Dual 1.8GHz mit PCI-Steckplätzen ist derzeit nicht zu diesen Karten kompatibel, der Typ G5 Single 1.8 GHz (PCI) sowie das Vorgänger Modell Dual 1.8 mit PCI-X Steckplätzen sind geeignet, ebenso alle anderen verfügbaren G5 Modelle.

Thanks in advance for the help guys and gals :)

Peace :rolleyes:

hey, i threw your quote into babelfish and it spit out this:

"Important note: The model Apple G5 dual 1.8GHz with PCI card locations is not at present compatible to these maps, the type G5 single 1,8 GHz (PCI) as well as predecessors the model dual 1,8 with PCI x card locations are suitably, likewise all other available G5 of models."

hmmm that sucks for you... that is BS, i would complain or do something to switch on of your parts...

Yes, ive contacted Digital Village about this and asked them about it and the guy kindly told me that it was NOT compatible with my machine. I then rang up M Audio and asked them about it....and i got hung up on. Great customer service! Ill be sending it back with a nice covering letter. Ive spent over £20 on Technical support lines to them asking why my 1010 wouldnt work with my dual 1.8ghz G5 and there best response was, "hmm, sounds to me like its muted mate". i mean, cmon!!!

Well, ill package it all back up and send it back and get a nice firewire soundcard, thanks for your help minofifa :)

Peace

Back