Compact Home Studio Setup: finally! (Mbox - old tone clip inside)

Anje

Hi guys,

I've finally decided to invest in some recording equipment (enough cool riffs that came up while jamming lost, because you can't remember them afterwards...), and have just received a little Mbox along with a couple of mics (e609 silver and sm57)

I did a couple of test both on my little Magnatone Custom 410 combo, 1st one with a strat just to check if everything was working ok, and man the sound was allready very very nice!
the setup e609 -> Mbox -> Protools is kind of "plug'n'play"!
then I decided just to try moving the mic a little, picked up my old LP GT Deluxe and recorded a little sound clip, almost "out of the box".

Anyway, here it is :) :

Test2

setup: LP Deluxe GT -> TTE -> Magnatone -> e609 -> Mbox w/ Protools

just a little reverb added in Protools, that's it
btw I find ProTools very intuitive to use, great product. If you need a small portable studio setup I can recommend the Mbox

picture of the mic placement:

e609Test2.jpg

now I just need to play with the mic placements, try with the 57 at the same time, learn more Protools tricks, and... think I found new homework here :)

Thought I should share this with you, these small Magnatone are really nice little bluesy combos :cool:

and thanks a lot for all the advice I got here for this first step into the big recording world :)

sound great. glad to hear you're pleased with your purchase....nice little amp you have there too.
bounce on over to the Pro Tools forum if you have some questions on the program. some people here are notorious for bashing on PT whenever they get the chance (yeah, you know who you people are ;) :p )
link's in my signature.

Keep your shirts louder than your speakers
:cool:

Back