clicking and popping in recordings, 1010lt

drummersteve

i know this is probably a problem youve heard many times before, but im a bit confused by it.
ive reecently recorded a band. i own a delta 1010lt and i use cubase sx, an early version of it. basdically, the guitar sounds are clicky and poppy. now, heres the thing. a guitar track which i had rcorded, i checked to see if it was poppy n it was fine. after adding more guitar tracks into cubase, it became clicky n poppy. i opened it in oter programs n it was still like this. i dont understand why it changed like that!
anyway, what can i do to get rid of this annoying effect? is it the way my soundcard is set up? any help is greatly appreciated! thanks

steve

How much CPU power is using the project you´re working with??. It looks like there are more tracks than you can handle. Have you tried soloing the guitar track that you said was clean and listen ?? then add the others and see how it goes.

TS

yeh ive tried soling the trakc which was clean n its all crackly. i wil take it in2 a different program n its still all crackly. it makes no sense. i got a pentium 4 2.4GHz so its pretty swift. man its a bit weird

Back