cd-r for ignorants! again!

djjonblade

I posted this topic twice because I didnt know where to ask but here is my scenario/ question. I am recording a nonstop dance mix to my computer, when its finished it will be one long wav. I am using adaptec ez cd and I am aware that this program will record this wav as one track. My question, how do I get or insert index points to make multiple tracks? Do I have to use special software for this? if so, Can anyone tell what and where to get it? thank you

EZ CD will do this! But you have to break up your one long .wav file into the pieces that will start at your insert points. Easily done in a .wav editor, with a few cut and paste operations. Then when you're ready to write the CD, choose Create CD, then Advanced and select the "Disk at Once" option. This eliminates the automatic gap between tracks.
I've never actually tried this; I like the gap. :) Let us know how it goes.

drstawl, so you mean to say that after i break up the one wav into say multiple for instance 25 wavs. then I get it into the layout and simply choose disk at once?

That's what I think he means, and I can usually figure out what he's talking about. It's also what I woulda said if I got here first. If you're nervous, try it with 2 or 3 pieces first and it'll only cost you one CD-R and 5 minutes' editing time.

Back