Cassette Tape to CD

I just discovered this website because I'm getting back into some music activities. What a great resource! It's getting me excited about the possibilities! I'm sure this topic has been covered, but I'm hoping for some specific advise. I have some old original songs recorded live onto cassettes, along with some vinyl album cuts that I would love to transfer onto CD. I've just learned that you can do this at home, without too much cash output! I own an iMac with DVD capability (my home computer) and have a Dellcpi laptop for work purposes. I'd prefer the iMac solution only because it's always there and I don't want to invest a lot for the PC if I should ever change jobs and lose my computer. What EXACTLY do I need to get started with this venture? Thanks in advance for any help!

You Need:

Hardware

CD-RW Drive, unless your DVD is a combo burner/DVD player.

Software

Usually comes with your burner. Adaptec EZCD is a common one. This is what you will use to create your audio CD. You will also need software to record the wav file from your cassette. http://www.goldwave.com is a not too expensive one. Sometimes Sound Forge Lite version comes with soundcards, SB Live! I think.

Cable

1/8" stereo male plug that splits to two RCA mono's. These will run out of your cassette deck, into the line in on your sound card.

Back