Can't get rid of chorus effect on SB Live! card

gilwe

I jusrt got the SB Live ! 5.1 card. Installed it in my machine. and uploaded a soundfont bank into the memroy cache.

I turned all effects off but I can still hear a chorus effect on every note I play. This is a drum set bank and it's easy to notice the chorus.

Does anybody knows how to turn this off ?

I also checked out the chorus control from the "keyboard" application, where you can use a virtual keyboard and "wheel" for the various roles such as volume, modulation, reverb and chorus depth. The chorus depth is off (zero).

Thanks.

Did you unckeck the enhanced audio effects (I think thats what they call it)box on the Windows mixer - its in the same window where you adjust your bass/treble. Its a wierd chorusing effect that is supposed to simulate wider sound field/surround sound.

gilwe,

> I turned all effects off but I can still hear a chorus effect on every note I play. This is a drum set bank and it's easy to notice the chorus. <

There are several factors at play here. I assume you have set the Chorus "send" control all the way down for that track in your sequencer? If not, that will probably fix it!

Otherwise, one solution is to turn down the master Chorus control in the SB Live's EAX control panel. That will get rid of all Chorus on everything. If you want Chorus to be available on some instruments and so don't want to disable it completely, you'll have to edit the drum set. Internally, SoundFonts have Reverb and Chorus settings that establish the minimum amount you'll hear, even if the sequencer's Send control is all the way off. To edit a SoundFont you need the Vienna program, which is available as a free download from the Creative web site.

--Ethan

Back