Can Someone Help? Problem Setting Up M-Audio KeyRig49_ASIO Driver Issue

nervx

Hi! -- I just got an M-Audio KeyRig49 to use with my PC running Windows XP, and I'm having trouble setting it up. I plugged the unit into the USB port, loaded the drivers, installed the KeyRig sound library program, and get the following error:

"no ASIO drivers found. this software requires an ASIO driver in order to function."

I have a crappy soundcard at the moment, but it does work.....I can play MP3's and movies, etc, no problem. I was assuming I could use the KeyRig to trigger the sound library that came with it, and that it would work without a problem. Am I wrong? I also installed the Ableton Live Light disc that came with the KeyRig, but that didn't seem to make a difference either.

As an FYI, I'll be getting a Lexicon Lambda interface very soon, in the mail.....if that makes a difference.

Does anyone have any input on this situation?

Thanks so much!

to add to what bishop55 said, it has nothing to do with the keystation, the software you a running REQUIRES a ASIO low latency driver which your sound card does not have. ASIO4ALL is a generic ASIO driver for just about all sound cards and should work fine

OK, I Installed ASIO4all And Still No Sound...

OK, thanks for the input. I downloaded and installed ASIO4all and it's now showing up in the KeyRig sound engine, but I'm still not getting any sound. I also checked to make sure the controller is showing up on my computer, and it is. Oh..and I also tried plugging the controller into all the USB ports, just in case one would work better than the others. And of course, re-booted many times.

Ideas for next steps?

Thanks so much!

Back