Can the POD XT Live be used as an audio interface?

darkecho

My buddy wants to record his guitar direct with his Pod XT Live pedal board, so I have been looking for a nice USB interface for him so he can just use a 1/4" patch cable between the interface and his pod and be up and running. But he said that his pod has a USB cable, so I was wondering, can the Pod be used as its own interface and be used to record into an audio program?

if not, what would be a good cheap interface to use? He just simply needs something that will take his PODs signal...

you can record on the pod xt pro rack version via the usb so i do not see any problems

i think it will connect through an asio driver , well the tone transfer does so i think it will just be a simple case of selecting it in you music software and clicking record.

as to the quality not sure , i have not tried it.

I checked the MF lsting for it

and it says it can be used for direct digital recording, so yeah.

Some other PODs have USB, but that's just so that you can save and tweak patches (presets), you can't necessarily record via it's USB.

But the XT Live says you can, so go for it!

You can use it to record direct alright but you will have to assign it as the main asio driver - problem is that unless you can support multiple drivers then you will end up disabling your main soundcard or DAW. If this becomes a problem the solution is to use the SPDIF connection for recording tones and use the USB as a midi controller only - that way you can still use the Line6 software to tweak patches and still get the full benefit of your soundcard (worthwhile if it's a really good one).

the idea is that my friend has the POD and doesnt have any good sound card that will receive his signal. So if he can just plug his pod into the comp and setup the software to take signal though the USB via the Pod, then he wont have to buy anything additional to start recording himself. that would be optimal.. disabling the soundcard wont be that big of a deal because he can just pop on some haedphones and plug them into the Pod.. Thanks!

Back