Camera/Phone playback recorded by Zoom question

bloodmark

Probably a silly question with a simple answer. I’m trying to use a Zoom H6 to record the audio track from a video recorded on my camera. I’ve also attempted to do the same with playback of audio from an iPhone using the headphone port. What I’ve been doing is simply using an 3.5 aux cable into the TRS input on the Zoom. The recording I end up with ends up sounding, for lack of a better term, like it’s “underwater.” Not clean audio like you would hear in headphones. Do I need to use a different type of cable? Any help explaining what I’m doing wrong or a solution would be appreciated.

Are you going into the mic/line input on the XY mic attachment? Should work, theoretically assuming you have both the L & R channels latched for recording, and the levels set correctly. Posting a link to the recorded, stereo WAV file would help.

BUT, instead of doing that, I would simply copy the video file to your computer and open it with your video editing software and export the audio track. No need to take what is already a digital audio file and re-record it (IMO).

Back