Cakewalk X2 Producer or New Bandlab (free) ?

rorohello

Hi All,

I own X2 Producer and a few of the compressor/limiter plugins that were paid through the Cakewalk store. Going to be getting a Surface Pro 6. Should I install X2 from my login (which still accesses files on Cakewalk's website) or get the free Bandlab version now?

If you install X2 First "everything" in it will carry over to the Cakewalk by Bandlab daw. Keep them both. CbB is a great upgrade on its own from X2 but lacks some of the 3rd party stuff bundled in the X series. CbB is constantly improved with new versions coming out every couple of months. The main software writers from Sonar made the move to Bandlab and are active on the new Cakewalk/discuss forum.. mark

If you install X2 First "everything" in it will carry over to the Cakewalk by Bandlab daw. Keep them both.

Thanks for the response Mark. What exactly do you mean by "it will carry over?"

1) I will have two separate DAWS on my machine, but new CbB will run my old plugins and allow me to open old projects?

2) It somehow magically erases and updates into one DAW (CbB) as long as I've done the X2 install first?

Sorry for being dense...

Hey , sorry I lost site of this thread. Yes all of the registered plugins you can use in X2 will be available in CbB. and yes it will open all of your X2 projects. CbB was built from Sonar Platinum so its' really just a couple of upgrades from X2 even though it is a completely different install. "Nothing" gets erased from X2. If anything comes up missing just make sure your scan paths for plugins are right. mark

Back