buzz when i playback through computer

connie_c

hi.im new in here.hopefully some one can diagnose my problem.im recording guitar onto my computer.i hook my guitar up to my bossbr352 digital fourtrack.i hook this up to my pc via its optical line out.my sound card is a terratec dmx 6 fire lite. i use sound forge6 and also cooledit pro2.0 to edit my tracks.anyway if i just record something onto my four track and play it out through speakers it sounds great.its when i either play live through the four track or record a previoulsy recorded track over from the four track that i get a lot of noise in my signal.its very annoying.the volume also drops a good bit in comparison with just using a 3.5mm jack as my input line.im thinking it might be the actual optical lead but i didnt skimp on this.it cost 22euro(around 20dollars) and its really short.around 2 foot long.does anyone know anything about optical leads.another guess on my part is possible interference fom my graphics card or modem with my soundcard.any advice relating to this would be great.

Back