Burl B2 ADC & Clarrett 8Pre Thunderbolt

rorohello

Hi All,

Quick questions from a digital N00b

I recently got a Burl B2 Bomber ADC, which I plan to use as my 2-bus for mastering. I thought it was going to come with Toslink, but guess what...It's only got SPIDF and the Word Clock connects on the back! Surprise ebay ;)

I have an RME Babyface -- which apparently cannot interface with this unit...correct? And a Focusrite Clarett Octopre Thunderbolt (which appears to already be discontinued??)

I've ordered a SPIDF cable that can reach from the Burl's output to the Octropre's input. Is that all she wrote? I believe I have the right cable to connect the Word Clock output of the Octopre to the input of the Burl, in order to slave it. But that cable is a heck of a lot shorter and cramps the flow of the studio. Any suggestions on whether that is necessary?

The Burl is an industry standard for "colorful" mastering and is suppose to achieve headroom/D to A conversion that outclasses the Focusrite

I just called Burl, they were sorta shocked that the Focusrite only has Word Clock (BNC) out. But said that if the B2 is set to Internal for clock, the SPDIF connection is all I need. Interested to hear anyone elses feedback with respect to the B2 and clocking

Back