Build Me A Computer!

BurnBarfield

Howdy, I've been wanting to upgrade my computer. I would use it for general purposes, but more built toward to recording. I tend to end up with a lot of tracks and a lot of plugins, so it would need to be able to handle it. I'd say... 1500 would be the max for it. The only thing I request specifically is some sort of LCD monitor. Thanks!

I posted this in another thread a couple of days ago.

Prices from newegg

Asus P4C800-deluxe $158
P4 3.0E 1mb cache $189
Corsair XMS xtreme 2x512MB $228
Seagate Barracuda 2x120GB $178
Gigabyte ATI radeon 128MB 8xAGP $ 73
NEC 16X double layer cd/dvd burner $ 68
Case + 400W PS $ 35
ADIDAV 17" LCD 16ms monitor $262

All up $1191

www.pricewatch.com, Don't look anywere else.

You can take "Bull Shit's" advice, and with the money left, don't forget to buy this:

80$ - DVD Writer: Pioneer DVR-108
269$ - GeForce 6800 128MB ( In case you can't get the 256MB version )
120$ - AUDIOPHILE 2496 ( Just if you're not looking for a professional Multi-track Sound Recording )

Who the hell can live without something so essential like that, huh ? come on guys...

Not everything is work, work, and work, you gotta play sometime, you know, stuffs like Doom 3, Halo, GTA, that's essential for the living.

And of course, you gotta rent some movies and backup your stuff at home, cause not everyone love to pay 30$ for a DVD that you're going to throw in the closet. ( well, that's me... maybe you're millionaire ).

and reserve some money for popcorn, you know ;)

mmm... i almost forgot the most important

an "Hercules - SPH5100" (70$), pretty cheap huh ?

T5552061-4195.jpg

mmm.... i don't wanna be a jerk and promote or induce you to the illegality man, but come on, just download the OS, "bill gay" doesn't really need that money.

underp said:
www.pricewatch.com, Don't look anywere else.

You can take "Bull Shit's" advice, and with the money left, don't forget to buy this:

80$ - DVD Writer: Pioneer DVR-108
269$ - GeForce 6800 128MB ( In case you can't get the 256MB version )
120$ - AUDIOPHILE 2496 ( Just if you're not looking for a professional Multi-track Sound Recording )

Who the hell can live without something so essential like that, huh ? come on guys...

Not everything is work, work, and work, you gotta play sometime, you know, stuffs like Doom 3, Halo, GTA, that's essential for the living.

And of course, you gotta rent some movies and backup your stuff at home, cause not everyone love to pay 30$ for a DVD that you're going to throw in the closet. ( well, that's me... maybe you're millionaire ).

and reserve some money for popcorn, you know ;)

mmm... i almost forgot the most important

an "Hercules - SPH5100" (70$), pretty cheap huh ?

T5552061-4195.jpg

mmm.... i don't wanna be a jerk and promote or induce you to the illegality man, but come on, just download the OS, "bill gay" doesn't really need that money.

Another troll. great.

Last edited:
Thanks. :D hehe

No, I really enjoy sharing some of the things that gives me 1 second of happiness every day of my life.

I see my PC every day, and i say :

"Thanks GOD for the DVD-Writer, and the Geforce. Don't throw me any cancer until i get 90, amén."

I think the most frustrating is when you have deal with the fact that you have to buy everything in the same store to take the advantage of the shipping cost, you know.

i know lot of people that they prefer to buy various products, and pay everything just right away, and not bother to look for other prices.

Is perfect for refeference, to see if you're paying to much for something in the town where you live. :D

Back