bug when sending midi over usb to ob6 - help?!

Pachakuti

When i'm sending midi notes to the ob6 i get a strtange behaviour of the ob6: Most of the time when i am starting or stopping the playback the sound of the current ob6 patch is changed. After clicking "satrt" or "stop" i have to press the patch number button on the ob6 again to reset the ob6 to its original sound of the patch. The sound the ob-6 switches to when starting or stopping playback is an ugly high pitched version of the original patch. Hard to describe; don't know what changes exactly; sounds like the osc's frequencies are hightened... Sometimes this does not happen but i can not figure out what causes it. Just seems to be bug?! Can you help? What can i do now? What infos would you need?

I think starting with software you are using. It might be that the software doesn't support patch changes. When I do MIDI I rarely send patch changes, just pitch bend, notes, sustain, but changing patches is not always straight forward.

Your better off sending the notes and selecting the patch and record the audio back into the DAW. If you need to edit the notes, make changes, then re-record.

Back