Bit-Accurate vs. Core Audio driver problem

Xcaliber

Hello all. Been a while since I've been on the forums, I took a break from recording for a bit. I'm back at it now, but having a weird issue. I upgraded to Reaper v5 (finally) and noticed that there was some latency when recording. After some searching I found some information that said I should be using the Bit-Accurate drivers for my Tascam US-1800. I was 99% sure I had been using them before, but noticed that it switched back to Core Audio, must have happened when I upgraded Reaper. So I switch it back to Bit-Accurate and now I'm getting horribly choppy audio whenever I try to record anything. Doesn't matter if it's a software instrument being played with a midi controller (drums, keys, etc.) or if it's me playing my guitar. The audio is horrendous.

Any ideas what might be wrong? The Core Audio driver sounds fine, but introduces latency that I just can't deal with when recording with my amp modeling software.

Thanks in advance.

Still can't figure this out, but I noticed something very interesting the other day. If I click on a menu in Reaper (say the File menu for example) and leave the menu "open" while I play the stuttering sound is gone. Does that make any sense to anyone?

Back