Best Music Production Software

KeithG

I'm just starting out with this whole audio thing. I really need some help with the computer side of it. What DAW software is the most user friendly but still has a variety of tools? And when they say virtual instruments, does that mean that the sound is generated from the software, like a drum machine but on your computer?????:confused:

Reaper

I'm just starting out with this whole audio thing. I really need some help with the computer side of it. What DAW software is the most user friendly but still has a variety of tools? And when they say virtual instruments, does that mean that the sound is generated from the software, like a drum machine but on your computer?????:confused:

1st of all folks around here don't take kindly to folks that double post :D

2nd I've used Magix, Cubase LE, Vegas, Pro-Tools LE, trial of Sonar and Reaper.

and i love Reaper so much it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
there is a free 30day trial on there website http://www.reaper.fm/

--mike--

Sorry about that. I accidentally put the thread on newbies first. Thanks for the input, I'll check them out.

I have sonar production edition and sound forge studio....cant see me needing much else in that department for a while

though id say my line 6 DI and its software is by far the best purchase ive made :)

For Vocals to mix/master:
I've loved Adobe Audition 3.0. It's an ALL-in-ONE pretty much.
It's been useful to me and it even has presets for whatever you're doing such as: EQ, Compression, Reverbs (even though I like using other VSTPlugins), etc.

So that is good for the New Audio Users I guess. Atleast it was for me.

Back