Best drum module/software/hardware..etc..

Omniscient

So..I figured I'd tackle one thing at a time. First seting up my recording stuff, then configuring my software. Now I need to know what the best bang/buck drum hardware/software/modules there are out there. I had a PDP kit a while ago but I sold it. It was just a small 5 peice. So I'm thinking now instead of going and spending 500$ on another kit I can buy a peice of hardware or "happen uppon" some software online that I can get more technical rythms out of with a more versatile collection of sounds.

What I've been doing is using FL5...unfortunetly...and making 5-10 second long snippets then looping them in Sonar with a fill here and there. It can get so irritating and tiring because I've been recording mostly hardcore-esque metal type music with difficult fills and quad kicks etc. The last thing I recorded had 27 of the snippets in it.... Please tell me there's something better out there with better quality and not as time consuming.

drums from hell is a good one for rock drums of the sorts.

if your looking for more different type of drum sounds go for fruity loops.

im gonna get cubase and get as many plug ins as i can and if that doens;t supply me wihtthe drum sound i want im gonn aget fruity loops (off a mate ;))

hope this helps.

im sure you will be able to find more poeple with better advice than me though. :)

I have been using fruity loops. I mean the percussion sounds ok I suppose. I guess it's just that I don't know how to write a full track in it just little loops. So I'm trying to construct a four minute song with like twenty different little loops in it. It gets very frustrating that's all. I can't find drum kit from hell anywhere ::online:: :rolleyes:

I've worked with BFD a little bit before and was very impressed with the sounds that came out of it. For cheaper I think several people use a program called Jamstix. Also Steinberg's Groove Agent is another one to consider, although the demo video I saw of that didn't seem to let you program the loops yourself so much as it was a "virtual drummer" that had it's own set of loops. Sounded good though. Anyways, those are just a few suggestions.

Back