Behringer x32 - Anyone Record Off One?

keith.rogers

I'm going to tackle a 32-track feed off one of these, and I'm a bit nervous my 2010 MacBook is not going to be up to the task...

I did a quick check at a local Guitar Center and it seemed to record (mostly nothing) to an external drive Ok, but I cannot play back without it choking, so it's going to be a fingers crossed, long day. My only other option is packing the Mini, monitor, etc. But boy, is that not appealing, though the weather looks to be cooperating fine.

Easy - and hardly stressful to the Mac. 32 inputs from the x32 should work OK - my new MacBook is fine and my old 11 MacBook managed at least 20 tracks, what we used to record at every gig to it's internal drive. Maybe your tightspot is 32 coming in and then the data stream of the 32 going to external disk? I used to use cubase or audacity - both worked fine on the x32. One thing to watch though. One of my x32's (the oldest one) has a card that will not work with my colleagues latest MacBook, yet my 18 month old one is fine? This seems a bit odd.

I had no problem recording 32 tracks from an X32 with my 2012 Dell Precision M4600 but I was using the internal drive. In fact I could probably do it with my ancient Acer laptop as that can handle 16 tracks at 96kHz which is the data rate coming in as the X32 (32 channels at 48kHz) but I'm always in too much of a hurry to try it when I'm at the venue with the X32. I'm using Reaper.

Back