Auratone Impulse Response

Laimon

This is kind of embarrassing.
I have heard a lot about the Auratone and how it helps mixing by better representing the mids, and have been looking for an impulse response to at least get a feel of it, before I actually buy one. (I know there other things to it than just the frequency response).
I have tried a few (that really seem to be the same as this one: REAPER | Resources) with a convolution plugin...and honestly I couldn't perceive any difference :\ what am I doing wrong?
Does anybody have an alternative Auratone IR to try out?
Thanks!

Isn't the point to actually get a speaker? ?

Are you looking for a simulation plug in?

Isn't the point to actually get a speaker? ?

Are you looking for a simulation plug in?

Well, the point for the time being is finding a decent way to emulate it using my own speakers, so I that I can tell "ok, this is actually helping my mixes, I should get one". So yeah, for now a plugin or an IR would be the goal.

The speakers you have would just be coloring the "auratone" emulation so you still wouldn't be able to determine what an actual Auratone speaker would sound like.

I could be wrong, but it sounds like snake oil to me.

The speakers you have would just be coloring the "auratone" emulation so you still wouldn't be able to determine what an actual Auratone speaker would sound like.

I could be wrong, but it sounds like snake oil to me.

Yes, I know, but it's still to get a feel of it. When you play piano samples, they might not be a real piano, but they might be good enough for what you want, or might be a good "appetizer" for convincing you that you want a piano. They are ok for what they are, so snake oil or not I why not try them?

Aura tones were really used to simulate the speakers in televisions and clock radios. It's kind of an irrelevant reference 40 years later.

If you are using an emulation, it should be inserted on the main output and set to 100% wet.

Back