Audio Interface Output to Home Stereo Input

josh044

I have a Focusrite Saffire firewire interface. So far, I've just routed the headphone out to my stereo to get sound out of my systems speakers. I'd like to use the actual outs now, but I'm not sure how to hook them up right. I want to make sure I'm buying the correct cables so I don't waste my money or break something.

So, what I need to know is how to best go from the devices outputs (1/4 balanced jacks) to RCA inputs on my stereo.

I'm guessing a mix of these...
amazon.com/Hosa-GPR101-RCA-Adaptor-Pack/dp/B000068O3S/ref=sr_1_23?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1294167522&sr=1-23

and a normal male/male rca cables would do the trick, but I'm all thrown off by the balanced/unbalanced thing, so not sure if this will work.

Anyone? Let me know if I'm not making sense.

1/4" tip sleeve to RCA cable......they are paired but can be pulled apart like licorice.
patch into a CD, Tape, or Aux in on stereo. Most stereos probably accept the -10db line level standard so your +4db line level out on your interface can overdrive the stereo line inputs if your volume on interface output is set too high......

Could you provide a link to where I can buy one of these? Just want to make sure I'm getting the right thing. Thanks

Back