Audio Driver problem

timtimtim

I just fitted a new monitor and it has messed up the audio on my computer. Sound plays OK in Reaper and in Premiere Pro, but it won't play in VLC Media Player. If I go to Audio in VLC media player and set it to USB Audio Codec which is what I use, it plays OK. But VLC Media Player keeps resetting to Default, and I lose the sound again. I tried uninstalling Realtek High Definition Audio Driver, but VLC player keeps downloading it again. What can I do?

I just fitted a new monitor and it has messed up the audio on my computer. Sound plays OK in Reaper and in Premiere Pro, but it won't play in VLC Media Player. If I go to Audio in VLC media player and set it to USB Audio Codec which is what I use, it plays OK. But VLC Media Player keeps resetting to Default, and I lose the sound again. I tried uninstalling Realtek High Definition Audio Driver, but VLC player keeps downloading it again. What can I do?

I am confused? If you are using the Realtek HD internal soundcard you need its drivers.

I suspect you need a basic Audio Interface that can run ASIO drivers then Windows and VLC should leave the settings alone?

Cannot see how a MONITOR can cause driver issues?

Dave.

The computer came with Realtek, but I'm not using it, I'm using UCA 202 USB audio interface with ASIO driver.

In that case you can disable (not! uninstall) Realtek in Device Manager and it won't come back. However I do not think there are ASIO drivers for the UCA 202* other than ASIO4all and I doubt that will do the job.

*The 202 is a very handy, cheap interface for tape dubbing and the like but you really need something costing more than a pint and a ruby!

Dave.

UCA 202 has been working well with ASIO4all driver for two years, until I installed this new monitor and installed Adobe Acrobat. I have now disabled Realtek Digital Output and NVIDIA High Definition Audio, but the situation hasn't changed: VLC Media Player will play music if you set it to Speakers USB Audio CODEC, but it then resets back to Default again and won't play.

After making sure the 202 is the default playback device for windows you need the settings to show much as attached I think.

There are more settings in both VLC and ASIO4ALL and you probably need to go through them to get this aright.

ALWAYS with audio there is a need to get ALL your little ducks in row or they don't play nicely!

Dave.

Attachments

• asio4all usb.png
    asio4all usb.png
    303.3 KB · Views: 6
  • VLC AUDIO.png
    VLC AUDIO.png
    37.2 KB · Views: 7
Back